Kobe Motor - FAQs
Q1. How do I buy a car from Kobe?
Prior registration is required. So, the first step is to register with us. After registration is completed, you can choose your preference from our stock list, or let us know what you have in mind.
Q2. What payment method does Kobe accept?
- T.T:Telegraphic Transfer:This is the best way to electronically transfer your deposit and final payment to us.
- L/C: Letter of Credit:This is a payment method using your bank to secure payment with us.
- We accept Letters of Credit paid at sight.Please contact your bank for more information.
- Credit Card
Q3. Can I cancel my purchase order?
Yes, you can cancel your purchase order from stock vehicle within 5 days after confirmation and your deposit will be fully refunded. If the vehicle was purchased from your auction account through a bid and if notified within 1 hour of purchase, a penalty of JPY 80,000 would be charged to cancel. If the time exceeds more than 1 hour, then the total cost and loss of re-sale / re-auction would be charged and immediate charges would be deducted from your deposit.
Q4. How long does it take to receive my car?
Once your payment is received the vehicle will be booked for the next available vessel to your destination. If the shipment is scheduled on roll-on roll-off (RORO), vessels are generally available - at least 1-2 ships a month. Container shipments are weekly based. Please refer to the shipment schedule by contacting a sales representative.
Q5. Confirmation of vehicle/reservation
- Usually, a vehicle is reserved for five (5) business days. If we do not receive payment within the reservation period, we release the vehicle for sale.
- On receipt of complete payment, we will send you all the documents by a reputed international express courier.
- We accept the follow methods of payments: T/T (Telegraphic Transfers), L/C (Letters Of Credit), Paypal and Credit Cards. Please mention the Invoice Number for each transaction.
Q6. Do you inspect the cars before shipping?
Yes of course. All cars are thoroughly inspected to confirm that there is no difference between the actual specifications and those on the specification sheet. We could also provide you with an inspection certificate for clear and transparent level of certification of the vehicle for an added cost by government appointed agencies.
Q7. When can I use the online auction service?
It is available 24/7, so you can use it anytime, any day to place your bids. But auctions run only from Monday to Saturday expect during special holidays in Japan.
Q8. Is there way to know an indicative bidding price for a vehicle I am interested in at an auction?
Yes, the data from recent auctions will be a good source of information. It indicates the prices of vehicles that have been sold over the last 3 months.
Q9. Shipping Terms
- FOB: Freight-On-Board/Free-On-Board. This is the cost of the vehicle excluding shipping freight charges.
- Freight Prepaid - Freight will be paid in Japan by the exporter.
- Freight Collect - Freight will be paid by the customer at destination port.
- CIF: Cost, Insurance and Freight. This is the cost of the vehicle including shipping and insurance.
- C & F: Cost and Freight. This is the cost of the vehicle including shipping.