(Personal Information Protection Policy)
- Kobe observes the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, Act on the Use of Social Security and Tax Number System (also called Individual Number or "My Number") Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in the Administrative Procedure and other relevant laws, rules, and guidelines established by the government and other regulations.
- Kobe has established a management framework to protect personal information, and assigned a person to "Personal Information Protection Administrator" position and implemented the appropriate protection of it.
- Kobe utilizes personal information within the scope of the intended use that is clearly communicated to customers, and takes measures not to be used beyond the scope. Kobe does not disclose or provide personal information provided by customers to third parties except with the consent of the customer from whom the personal information was obtained or when there is a legitimate reason.
- Kobe strives to prevent unauthorized access to personal information or the leakage, loss, or damage of personal information and continually enhances, remediates and manages information security.
- Kobe responds to inquiries concerning personal information or requests from customers for disclosure of their personal information sincerely and without delay.
01. Personal Information
Personal information means information concerning a user as an individual, which can identify the user based on the name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, educational institution, or other descriptions constituting such information. In addition, any information which cannot identify the user solely by itself but can easily be collated with other information and, as a result thereof, can identify the user, is also included in the scope of personal information.
02. Purpose of Use' of personal information
Kobe will use personal information within the scope of the purposes provided in the 'Purpose of Use'. The 'Purpose of Use' is specifically defined and made clear to our customers, and is announced on our website as below, and we shall do our utmost to limit the 'Purpose of Use' according to the situation in which the information is obtained.
- Achieving the 'Purpose of Use' of our service and business.
- Notices of service and other communication to our customers.
- Giving notice to shareholders, provision of various types of information and shareholder management.
- Exercise of rights or performance of obligations based on the 'Act of Japan' and other relevant laws and ordinances.
- Responding to inquiries, requests and so on from our customers.
- Carrying out operations incidental to (1) through (5) above and operations to properly and smoothly manage the operations of Kobe.
When handling personal information beyond the scope necessary for achieving the 'Purpose of Use', Kobe will seek customer's consent except for cases prescribed under items in Paragraph 3 of Article 16 of the Privacy Act.
03. Provision of personal data to third parties
Kobe will NOT provide personal information to a third party without the customer's consent, unless any of the following applies:
- Required under laws or ordinances.
- Required to protect human life, body or asset (including that of legal entities) and difficult to obtain the approval by the customer him/herself.
- Made to a consignee within the scope necessary for carrying out our business.
- To use personal information jointly with a group company or a business partner of Kobe within the scope of the intended use.
- To provide, in an unrecoverable format, personal information in a format that does not allow easy identification or recognition of the corresponding individual.
04. Disclaimer concerning the provision of personal information to third parties
Kobe will not be responsible for the acquisition of personal information by a third party where any of the following applies:
- A user indicates his/her own personal information to a specific company, using any function under the services or by ther means. (As for the handling of personal information in the service using companies, or any such instances please make direct inquiries to each of the service using companies.).
- A user is unexpectedly identified by information entered by the user under the services;
- A user provides personal information to, and the user's personal information is used at, an external site linked by the services; or
- Anyone other than a user obtains the user's information (ID, password, etc.) which can identify the user as an individual.
- In addition to above, personal information is leaked by computer viruses or similar causes.
05. Supervision of contractors
06. Handling of sensitive information
Kobe will not collect, use, or provide to a third party sensitive information, including but not limited to information regarding your healthcare or case history, except for cases provided by the Privacy Act, other relevant laws, ordinances and guidelines.
07. Handling of specific personal information
The 'Purpose of Use' of specific personal information is limited under the "My Number" Act, and Kobe will not collect or use specific personal information beyond the prescribed 'Purpose of Use'. We will not provide specific personal information to a third party except in cases permitted under the "My Number" Act.
08. Notice of matters, disclosure, amendment, or suspension of use of personal information and specific personal information
Customer requests for any notice of matters, disclosure, amendment, or suspension of use of personal information and specific personal information held by Kobe under the Privacy Act shall be directed to the "Contact Office" indicated in Clause 11 below. After confirming the customer as the requesting party, the customer is requested to complete a form designated by us. Kobe will then follow the procedures and, in principle, provide a written response in a proper, timely manner. Kobe will charge the prescribed fees for responding to a request for any disclosure.
10. Management of personal data and specific personal information
Kobe will take rational security measures to manage personal information and specific personal information securely to prevent divulgence, loss or damage to personal information and specific personal information handled by Kobe, and will ensure the accuracy and prompt updating of personal information and specific personal information which are necessary to achieve the "Purpose of Use".
11. Contact Information
Kobe will appropriately and immediately respond to any complaint or consultation regarding the handling of personal information and specific personal information. If you have any inquiry or matter for consultation regarding the handling of personal information and specific personal information, etc. by us, please contact the office indicated below. Contact Office: Forward all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our hotline : +81453495855